Assistant professor, PhD advisor
The School of Computer Science,
I am currently engaged in the research and design of storage systems and specialized processors. My research addresses the requirements for high-performance storage systems in the era of big data and artificial intelligence from the perspective of computer architecture. I am dedicated to breaking through the bottlenecks of data migration and the limitations of memory walls in the Von Neumann architecture.
I am actively seeking talented and self-motivated students. There are two openings per year for future PhD candidates and multiple positions for interns. It’s always welcome to contact me via the email.
- April 2023: Awarded 1st prize in national storage technology competition. Congrats to Shushu Yi!
- January 2023: one paper is accepted to NVMW.
- January 2023: one paper is accepted to CAL.
- December 2022: one paper is accepted to SAC.
- October 2022: invited to serve as TPC of USENIX ATC and SAC.
- September 2022: awarded ACM SIGCSE Rising Star!
- July 2022: one paper is accepted to THPC.
- May 2022: our paper “ScalaRAID” is accepted to HotStorage’22. Congrats to Shushu Yi!
- April 2022: two papers are accepted to NVMW’22.
- December 2021: awarded NSFC Excellent Young Scientists Fund Overseas Program (国家自然科学基金优秀青年科学基金海外项目)!
- Sep 2021: our work “HAMS” is selected as KAIST breakthroughs 50 years.
- August 2021: our work “OhmGPU” is reported by Naver headline + 26 and Press.
- July 2021: one paper is accepted to MICRO’21.
- April 2021: three papers are accepted to NVMW’21.
- March 2021: our work “HAMS” is reported by Naver headline + 39, KBS and Press.
- Feb 2021: one paper is accepted to ISCA’21.
- June 2020: one paper is accepted to ISCA’20.
- Feb 2020: one paper is accepted to HPCA’20.
- Feb 2020: one paper is accpeted to FAST’20.
- Feb 2020: join KAIST as a postdoctoral researcher.
- Dec 2019: successfully defend PhD thesis.
- Ohm-GPU: Integrating New Optical Network and Heterogeneous Memory into GPU Multi-Processors (MICRO) 2021
- Revamping Storage Class Memory With Hardware Automated Memory-Over-Storage Solution (ISCA) 2021
- ZnG: Architecting GPU Multi-Processors with New Flash for Scalable Data Analysis (ISCA) 2020
- Scalable Parallel Flash Firmware for Many-core Architectures (FAST) 2020
- DRAM-less: Hardware Acceleration of Data Processing with New Memory (HPCA) 2020
- FlashGPU: Placing New Flash Next to GPU Cores (DAC) 2019
- FUSE: Fusing STT-MRAM into GPUs to Alleviate Off-Chip Memory Access Overheads (HPCA) 2019
- FlashShare: Punching Through Server Storage Stack from Kernel to Firmware for Ultra-Low Latency SSDs (OSDI) 2018
- Amber: Enabling Precise Full-System Simulation with Detailed Modeling of All SSD Resources (MICRO) 2018
- FlashAbacus: A Self-governing Flash-based Accelerator for Low-power Systems (Eurosys) 2018
- DUANG: Fast and Lightweight Page Migration in Asymmetric Memory Systems (HPCA) 2016
- NVMMU: A Non-Volatile Memory Management Unit for Heterogeneous GPU-SSD Architectures (PACT) 2015
- Power, Energy and Thermal Considerations in SSD-Based I/O Acceleration (HotStorage) 2014